Copyright


Information on this website may be copied for personal use only. No part of this website may be reproduced, stored, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, scanning, or otherwise, except as permitted under Section 107 or 108 of the 1976 United States Copyright Act, without the prior written permission of the author. Requests to the author and publisher for permission should be addressed to the following email: karen.thesecularparent@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

It's Not Fair

recovery from emotional abuse
Life can throw some pretty huge curve balls at perfectly nice people. 
It is really not fair.  
No kidding, it is not fair.

Why do some wonderful human beings develop or carry schizophrenia or Bi Polar Affective Disorder? Why might a hopeful, bright-eyed young couple discover that one or both of them has a serious illness? Why does severe and devastating loss crash down on undeserving people? Is it fair that tiny children are raised by abusive, angry, absent, incapable mentally ill, alcoholic, or neglectful parents?

Each of these annihilating events can start a chain reaction of confusion, crisis, addiction, maladaptive or unique and unhealthy patterns that are passed from one generation to the next to the next to the next...


Catastrophic events can tear at the very fiber of good relationships and can be destructive to fully-functioning human beings, all resulting in people who might describe themselves as broken. Broken-feeling people who may become abusers themselves, deeply depressed, suicidal, carriers of poor parenting skills, substance abusers, chronically unsettled travelers through life, participants in incredibly unhealthy relationships, emotional abusers, none of these, or other forms of hurtful or aberrant behavior and thought patterns. Patterns that further add to the generational patterns resulting in unhappy and disconsolate people.

It isn't fair.

What is a person to do?

Always and in all ways, seek help.
Don't stay stuck.

  • Become a researcher on what is healthy.
  • What do good communication patterns look like?
  • How do we talk about our feelings and needs and fears?
  • What can I do to help others; what can I not do?
  • How can I figure out if I am in an unhealthy relationship?
  • What are healthy boundaries between myself and unhealthy others?
  • What can I do to best care for myself and my self?
  • What are the qualities of really good therapy?
  • What books will start me on a journey towards good self care?
  • What are my goals along a journey of self care?
  • Do I have to leave loved ones in some way?
  • Where can I find help, support, and connection?

If the process of recovery seems expensive, too out of your control, too far away, or difficult at this time may I recommend you begin with something very simple and completely free.

Start by talking to yourself kindly, powerfully, and regularly.
Be your own best friend.  You know what you need to hear so say those things to yourself, or create a journal and write them, or both. 

Here are a few ideas for affirmations to beginning the road to self care:

  • I deserve kindness.
  • I am an important and unique person.
  • I am confident and capable.
  • I can choose my own belief system based on what makes the most sense to me
  • I see good qualities in myself and in other people.
  • I am letting go of negative thoughts of myself.
  • I am growing and learning.
  • I have many good qualities.
  • I have good things to offer the world.
  • I like myself.
  • I feel good about myself.
  • Each day I trust in myself more and more.
  • I have much to offer.
  • Liking and respecting myself gets easier each day.
NEVER GAVE AWAY MY RIGHT TO RESPECT AND APPRECIATION!
THIS IS MY BIRTHRIGHT, AND NOBODY CAN TAKE
IT AWAY FROM ME WITHOUT MY CONSENT!
- See more at: http://healingemotionalabuse.com/blog/265/learn-how-to-heal-from-emotional-abuse/#sthash.5eDhQmc7.dpuf
I AM AN IMPORTANT, UNIQUE HUMAN BEING, AND I
NEVER GAVE AWAY MY RIGHT TO RESPECT AND APPRECIATION!
THIS IS MY BIRTHRIGHT, AND NOBODY CAN TAKE
IT AWAY FROM ME WITHOUT MY CONSENT!
- See more at: http://healingemotionalabuse.com/blog/265/learn-how-to-heal-from-emotional-abuse/#sthash.5eDhQmc7.dpuf


Go ahead and get started today. 
You can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment